Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lee's finally gets his 2 cents in

I'm only being allowed to write on this blog on the condition that I first identify myself as the husband of the dictator that runs this blog. Kristine has taken a tremendous amount of time to write each and every entry, spell checking it all, revisions and in the end coming up with light and amusing stories of her adventures here. She prefers quality over quantity. I do not.

I've been only here for a week of this 3 week "adventure" but would best be described it as "hotel arrest". Every day seems to blend into another with no new baby in sight. We're kept somewhat sane with our new daily routine. Pat, (Kris' mother), gets up with Molly about 6:00 a.m. allowing Kris and I to sleep til 10 or so. After a bottle and playtime with Grandma, Molly has another little sleep while Pat does the dishes and cleans up. Pat usually cooks something for lunch. Afternoons are spent watching CSI ( ad nauseum) or Dirty jobs marathons.

At 5:30 on the nose, Ken ( Kris' Dad ) rings us up on Skype for his daily weigh in. It usually starts with a dispute over which party is more bored. I think we win hands down.

Evenings are spent as a family and while Pat feeds, bathes and puts Molly to bed, Kris and I generally watch a movie.
Then at 11:00 or so , Pat cleans up Molly's toys and unrolls her hide a bed next to the furnace while Kris and I retire to our ensuite.
I'm under no illusion that my presence here is required at all. It's been made very plain to me that I'm only a valued member of this commune because I brought a car. Now I'm a glorified chauffer, delivering my lovely "mother to be" to one doctor appointment after another. I wouldn't mind it as much if each hospital visit didn't include a trip to the neighbouring mall. Luckily Kris is as slow as a GST rebate cheque these days, so while she has a nap on a mall bench, Molly, Pat and I go do a quick lap.

We did have my parents ( Elwood and Donna Myers ) come to visit from Manitoba for a few days at Christmas. It was very different day for everyone, and certainly not one of tremendous Christmas Spirit, but we had a nice a turkey dinner and made the best of what we have here. We were very thankful that we had Molly and got to witness her joy and wonderment at the presents, wrapping and new toys.

With still no action on the baby front, Mom and Dad left for home today, which will of course mean Kris will have him tonight. We decided to give CinderPat a few hours of off this afternoon to go to the Casino at the West Edmonton Mall while we came back to hotel for a few hours sleep.

A big thanks to everyone helping out back home. Clint and Bill for watching the horses. Dave, Sonia, Jordan and Emily for babysitting Jaxon and Ken for checking on the house and making sure the home fires will be burning when we get back in March. ( kidding, I hope )
I'm going to have to leave you now as I heard the T.V. announcer kicking off another Alaskan King Crab adventure in the Bering Strait.


Miss you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you're having a good time out there and still have a good sense of humour.
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year in a few days. All is good out here.

Marty, Lynne and the kids.

Jill said...

Hello to the Myers family. Finally got this blog thing figured out. Happy to hear things are going well, but Lee I think your Mother in Law is doing way too much for you!!! I think you should be up first while the Ladies sleep!