It seems it's been a few days since I've written. I do apologize... but Lee & I have been spending more time with Cory at the hospital over the past few days. Cory is doing very well and looks good. It is so wonderful to be able to hold him and to have him gaze at us with his big brown eyes. He is very alert and loves to be cuddled and talked to.
Cory has a couple of little "kinks" that need to be worked out (nothing serious)... and there are whispers going around the NICU that we may be coming home this week! YAY! If they decide that Cory is ready, he will be flown on a medivac plane back to the Children's Hospital in Winnipeg. Molly & I would take a West Jet flight back to Winnipeg, and Lee would drive back and meet us at home. Hopefully Lee & I will find out tomorrow morning if we will be making the journey back home. We have all of our fingers and all of our toes crossed! 
Cory is now basically wire free. He had his pace maker wires pulled out this morning. All he really has left is his PIC line and the small feeding tube in his nose. He is being weaned off most of his medications and seems to be tolerating it all very well.
You will notice in this picture that you can actually see some baby now... not just a bunch of wires and tubes. He's a good lookin' little fella if I do say so myself! Notice the bald spot on the top of his head from where they had to shave it to put his IV in. But I'm happy to report that he is already growing his hair back.
She LOVES to eat. She can't get enough of her cereal and her fruits and vegetables. Creamed corn is an absolute favourite of hers. She is starting to resist her nap time... but in the end Mommy always wins and Molly ends up going down for at least a short cat-nap.
Molly loves it when Daddy tosses her in the air and bounces her. She squeals with delight and can't get enough.
Molly and Grandma have had such a wonderful time bonding with each other since we've been here. Since Grandma gets up early, she has had the pleasure of playing with Molly until Lee & I get our lazy butts out of bed. I have to admit... Lee
& I have certainly taken advantage of our built in babysitter and have enjoyed our leisurely mornings lazing around until 9:00 or later.
Grandma has absolutely made our stay out here more bearable. She has taken care of Molly so Lee & I could have more time to spend time with Cory after his surgery. And I know that Molly has enjoyed her time with Grandma too. Molly could often be found giving Grandma sloppy wet drooly kisses or pulling on her hair (which in Molly-land means "I love you!") I hope that Molly & Grandma will always have a special bond because of their time together in Edmonton. Thank you so much Mom for being here with us!
Well... I'm going to sign off for now. The sooner I get to sleep, the sooner I find out if I'm going home! I will let you all know what the plan is as soon as I find out.
Take care! And hopefully we'll see you all very soon!
3 comments:
Good Morning in Edmonton! I enjoyed reading your news on the blog over my morning coffee this morning. Good news, sounds like Winnipeg is on the horizon, hope it is soon for you all. Molly is so lucky to have Grandma Pat there and available to look after her(and her Mom and Dad). I wonder how big her bill will be! Molly's pictures look like she has grown so much and her hair too! What a sweetheart. Cory looks great, even with all his tubes he looked so good in all the pictures.He is an amazing little man, can't wait to meet him. We will be watching for news of your depature from Edmonton. Take Care
YAY!!!! Cory looks so good....I hope you guys get to come back here soon! Can't wait to find out when you are returning. Everyone at playgroup said hi and were asking how you were doing.....
Annabella misses Molly, she told me so this morning.
Hang in there sounds like you are at the home stretch!
How exciting for all of you to be coming home to Winnipeg. Have a safe trip.Cory looks wonderful, its amazing how strong babies are and what a miracle life is.Molly is adorable and I'm sure they'll be the best of friends. Good job Grandma sounds like you did a fine job too. Best wishes The Zahodnik family.
Post a Comment